Please follow the instructions below:
1. Click on the dark blue bar at the top (the one with a setup sign, Wi-Fi sign and an ink drop).
2. new menu appears. Click on Setup at the top left of the menu.
3. The configuration menu will open. Scroll down to Printer Maintenance.
4. Click on Printer Maintenance and then on Update the Printer.
5. Choose Printer Update options and then Do Not Check.
6. Press NO when asked if you want to turn on Printer Updates.
Going forward HP will not be able to alter your firmware and you can continue using Cartridge People Own Brand cartridges without any issues.
1. Select Config from the menu.
2. The configuration menu will open. Scroll down to Extra and press OK.
3. On the following screen, scroll down to Update the printer and press OK.
4. Select Update automatically and press OK.
5. Scroll down to off and press OK.
6. You’ll see the following screen.
7. Press NO.
From then on, HP will not be able to alter your firmware and you can continue using our Own Brand products without any issues.